Michigan Checkpoints Parent-Teen Driving Agreement
- Complete it so parents and teens are clear about where and when teens can drive
- Have parent and teen sign it to show they understand and agree to what is expected
- Experience will be gained by following it before more complex driving
- Check progress regularly on it so teens develop safe, responsible driving
- Keep updating, recording changes as teens earn privileges
It’ll just take a few minutes and you’ll be able to create an agreement based on the latest teen driving safety research.
You’ll be able to:
- Create a personal parent-teen driving agreement
- Create separate agreements for each teen in your family
- Print and save your agreement
- Update your agreement as your teen becomes a more experienced driver
The agreement is available to Michigan parents for free through a grant to the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute from the CDC’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control.